Regulated Agency

Every year, unlicensed agents cause Britain’s landlords and tenants unnecessary stress and hassle – and sometimes loss of money – by giving incorrect or misleading advice or offering poor standards of customer service, all ways use a regulated agency, make sure your agent is a member of the following organizations, Association of Residential letting Agents or National Approved Letting Scheme.

Property licensing Act

Any landlord looking to rent out a property they own in the borough of Newham will need to obtain a licence direct from the local council, ideally you will need to obtain this licence before the property is let, for more information please visit the Newham website: Click Here

Leasehold Property

Prior to letting leasehold premises you should ensure that the lease permits a sub-let and that a written consent or licence is obtained where necessary.

Income Tax

Those landlords who reside abroad may incur tax liability as will those who live in the UK and subsequently move abroad. In these instances it will be necessary for you to appoint an accountant/tax adviser who will be able to advise further on any such liabilities and indemnify us, your agent, against such tax liabilities. We regret that if we are not informed of your accountant/tax adviser we will have to deduct income tax at the basic rate of 25% and hold the amount deducted to your credit until the Inspector of Taxes has agreed your liabilities.


If a property is subject to a mortgage, it may be a condition of your mortgage that you obtain permission to sub-let from the mortgagees. They will usually require sight of the contract to be used and we will of course provide a copy of the assured shorthold tenancy agreement contract and notices to quit.


We strongly advise that you contact your broker and/or your insurers and notify them of your intention to let the premises as most household policies do not cover furnished lets. We can arrange a policy for you through a specialist insurer.

Gas Appliances and Boilers

Must be covered by a current Certificate issued by a Corgi registered company. Certificates must be renewed annually. Our staff would be happy to arrange this for you.

Electrical Certificate

Properties to be let must now have an N.I.C E.I.C certificate. Our staff can put you in touch with a qualified engineer.

Energy Performance Certificate

Properties to be let must now have an Energy Performance Certificate. Our staff can put you in touch with a qualified engineer.


We advise that a divert is set up with the Post Office. However, our Management Department will deal with any stray letters when brought to our attention.


All soft furnished supplied should comply to current fire regulations and that smoke alarms are installed at the property to be let.

Register Today